Friday, August 18, 2006

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life....

I've been cranky and crabby all week. I have been a big ol' Japanese monster movie crab. Currently playing in theaters: Joy-ra vs. Godzilla. Godzilla Doesn't Have a Prayer.

But now it's Friday and time to get over it, which should be easy because The Niagaras are performing tonight at the Red Lion (@ Bleecker & Thompson)!

If you are in the New York City area then do yourself a giant Godzilla-sized favor and go see them. GO SEE THEM!

I'm sometimes (sometimes?) a little overzealous about this band, but for very good reason: they are, without doubt the very most fun you will have (outside of sex).... or in the case of my last relationship more so.

Not one person I've brought to a Niagaras show has been disappointed; nor will you be. These guys really know what they're doing, and despite the goofiness that always ensues, they are consumately professional. And did I mention: FUN?

Nothing will lift your spirits more than the life-affirming, radiating happiness you will feel at a Niagaras show. It never fails. Never.

No matter how blue or tired or out-of-sorts I may feel, a couple of hours of Niagaras-style fun make the world right again. (I often wonder if they pump something into the air...hmmmm.)

Seeing this band work is the world's best-kept secret weapon against the blues -- but it shouldn't be a secret! So I'm telling. So there, world: be with that!

Come see the Niagaras and see for yourself. I promise, you'll be amazed. And you will laugh. You will very likely dance. The odds are tremendous that you will see an extremely charming man in his underwear. You will have happy, happy tunes stuck in your head for weeks. And I will become uncrabby... Now THAT is a miracle!

No comments: