Sunday, March 25, 2007

jury duty update

Despite the fact that I have not posted anything since last week, I did not get chosen for a jury. In fact I never made it into a court room. I did my time in the waiting room. Waiting. *sigh*

Still, I must say I didn't have a dreadful experience. The clerks running the room were extremely nice and even funny! They seem to finally understand that piling over a hundred people in a room to wait does not make for a good time. So they tried their best to lighten things up. Which I appreciated.

I also read two books and did far too many crossword puzzles and ended up in a lot of pain from that twitchy ol' pinched nerve. Because of the jury service I had to cancel a physical therapy appointment so now I'm paying for it. Ouch.

Much as I dread it, I do believe that jury duty is an important civic responsiblity. Even though it terrifies me. Why is it I'm never called for Civil cases? I'm on the Criminal list and that's that. On the other hand, I never seem to get called to actually sit on a jury so I guess the cosmos knows what it's doing!

I have several half-finished posts to put up, for those 2 of you who are anxiously waiting. But right now I'm into my apartment therapy mode so I'm sort of focused on making my home fabulous. You cannot imagine how much work this entails! But it's getting there, and every baby step makes a difference.

I'll be back soon - really. But first I feel compelled to label the new boxes I got yesterday for my xmas ornaments.

It's a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

I'm glad you didn't have to serve.

You think they'd be nice and make those chairs comfortable wouldn't you.