Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sometimes

There are days when nothing goes right. Then there are days when good stuff just seems to fall into your lap.

Today seems to be the latter.

I've been thinking: I need to find a way to make a little money, I don't need a lot and I don't want to make myself crazy about it. It would just be a good idea to have a little 'income' come in, if ya know what I'm saying.

So I'm diligently working towards that end by uploading video of my dog onto photobucket.

Yes. I know. But tell me you haven't done the same! Procrastination is part of being human.... isn't it?

But I have been THINKING a lot about the income situation and how to make that happen. Since I feel strongly that you have to put the energy out there (and I hate redoing my resume) I've been VISUALIZING. And don't you know, the phone rings!

Way back in the olden days when I worked 4-5 jobs concurrently one of my minor sources of cash was market research; primarily for a haircolor company which I won't name as I imagine that would be a big market research no-no. It's been so long since I've done this that I thought surely they had taken me off their list, or they no longer do it, or something. Surprise! I'm still on the list, and next week I'll be sniffing various fragrances for cash. This is the kind of money making enterprise we can all get behind, right? Well, certainly I can.

The great thing about this is that I really was thinking about this company just the other day, and how it wouldn't hurt to get back into that focus group pool and make a little sumpin' sumpin' to at least pay one bill a month instead of dipping into the savings for everything. And bingo here they are calling me and telling me that the last time they had me in was 2003! So yeah, long time alright.

I'm going to continue with my video uploads... sometimes procrastination pays!

3 comments:

Eddie said...

well this will help you keep your savings squirreled away.

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

Congratulations!

Jamie said...

Very cool - how do you get into a focus group pool?