Tuesday, May 15, 2007

breathe... breathe....

I did get a bit riled yesterday by that news item. I'm calmer now. *breathe in.... breathe out...*

Funny how things can push your buttons. It prompted me to write about something I don't write about or talk about often. One of those things that are unpleasant (to put it mildly) to remember. I'll be posting it on my other blog when I'm done. Though that may take some time. As with a lot of things I find painful, it seems to take me a long time to process them. The trick though seems to be to keep plugging away at it until it's done... because eventually you come out better for it. Knowing that doesn't make it easier to do the things that hurt; but at least it's something to look forward to.

In the breaks between writing about a 35 year old memory, I wanted to run... but yesterday I twisted something in my OTHER knee! My right knee has been on the 'ouchie' side since December and is finally feeling better - now the LEFT goes crunch on me! Damn! All I want to do is run, and the great treadmill god keeps screwing with me! What do I have to do, sacrifice a goat???? Geez. Since there is no way I'm sacrificing any animals to benefit my knee, I opted to try something different. Pilates! Wheeee. Oh.

It was my first time, I just did it with a DVD (I do love the library) and I have to thank the amazing Rafael again for all the ab work he's put me through over the years because this stuff would have murdered me otherwise. Oh who am I kidding? I wouldn't have even been able to do the first movement back then. The man had to pull me up to do a single sit-up. You want to talk gym-embarrassment? Oh yeah. So being able to get through the routine on the DVD made me feel better about not being able to run.... I'd still rather be running, but you do what you can with what ya got. And you do not hurt animals or children.

Any way. I realized I have a posting for every day this month - this is unprecedented for me and I wanted to keep it up. Which is why you are reading this blathering of nonsense. Aren't you lucky?

No comments: