Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I hate brewing tea

Some people are tea people, some are coffee people. No doubt about which one I am. But sometimes I want a little tea: when I'm sick. Sometimes I try things like "sleepy time" or "tension tamer" teas - for the insomnia, but not often. But oh sweet jesus I HATE making tea. I simply hate it. It is the most long-winded, time consuming pain in the... you get the picture. It's the boiling water for one cup at a time that makes me nuts. Coffee however is a breeze. You make a POT and you're good to go. Yes, I know I could make a pot of tea as well, but truthfully I'm just not going to drink an entire pot of tea. Maybe 2 cups, that's about it so a pot is just wasteful.

Naturally I bring this up because I'm waiting for this stuff to brew right now.

I actually like herbal teas (not regular black tea - ick, it's like hot iodine!), I just hate the process. I could look at it like a soothing part of a busy day - but no. Because it isn't. It's just inefficient.

My head feels like it's filled with styrofoam peanuts - yet I'm not stuffy, not sneezing now, my throat is still sore but nothing's actually happening. It's annoying because I just know I'm going to wake up tomorrow coughing and unable to breathe but at the moment I'm still in the 'I feel it coming on' stage. Let's get to it already!

Sometimes I'm just not a patient woman.

3 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

I am a hard core tea-drinker. Sometimes, I even make it in the microwave if I'm pressed for time=:)

Gary said...

I have some tea for you to try that you'll love!

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

I'm not much of a tea person. Sorry to hear that you still aren't feeling well.