Friday, May 25, 2007

problems with pug sitting

Last night Miss X came by, she'll be with us for the weekend while her mom is off performing a marriage ceremony. Seriously. When I'm making stuff up, I'll let you know.

This morning I took her out - it is so weird to me to walk a dog AROUND the block. I love the novelty of a dog who actually wants to leave the front stoop! But as we rounded the corner heading home I spotted a newspaper headline that froze me in my tracks.

MASSIVE PUG RECALL

Normally I don't touch newspapers - the ink really irritates me. The smell gives me a headache. But I felt compelled to grab this one. I couldn't wait to get home to find it online.

*sigh*

It's all so sad. I know Miss X is not one of the recalled models. But who knows where this may lead!

I'm afraid to break the news to her mom.

5 comments:

Joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool! Off course be free to comment as you wish.

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

Maybe you should skip telling Miss X's Mom. She is not one of the recalled models so why worry her unduly.

And I am so with you on the newspaper ink thing. I can't stand it!

Junk Thief said...

I had no idea that there was a breed called Pug. I've seen them around town and thought they were fat beagles that had their snoots smashed in by a truck.

Nifty blog. I plan to come back.

Gary said...

94.5% body fat?!

d. chedwick bryant said...

this is hysterical!