Saturday, June 02, 2007

la la la I should be doing other things...

I do get so creative when I'm procrastinatin'!

Here is my very first home-made Miso Soup. I have been indulging in the yumminess of soy products for well over two and a-half decades now. (Yes, I started in utero. Please.) I was a vegetarian for many years, ya gots ta love the soy. Of course, I have made miso soup at home many times - instant... freeze-dried. Not the best. THIS is my first little baby bowl of miso soup from scratch! I'm so very proud. I'm also happy a picture came out when the miso was separating, because I love how that looks, all flowery and delicate. Sort of like the soup itself. Okay, not the flowery part. But delicate for sure. I cannot imagine why I've never done this before. It was crazy easy! Silly Joy.

Sillier still is the fact that I'm at the gym for two hours today making madness with the cardio machines, then going for another walk (for a scant mile - just to buy an apple, see I always need a destination even when I'm hyper), then cooking, then watching the so-so Omen remake (I like the original, but in my book Liev Schrieber... too delish to pass up and way hotter than Gregory Peck any day) when what I need to be doing is working on that play I'm supposedly writing! AHHHH procrastination is mah bestest friend. (sorry Gary).

Hmmmmm. I wonder if I should rearrange the kitchen cabinets now?

3 comments:

Gary said...

Well, I suppose I could take a back seat to procrastination if you can take a back seat to...huh, can't think of anything. (or at least nothing that will suit my pure blogging image :)

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

The soup looks good!

Joy said...

good and good FOR you! :)