Tuesday, September 11, 2007

cat in the bag

I hear that my blog is becoming boring. Or so says a friend who shall remain nameless unless he keeps telling me he's bored. Then I will kick ass and name names.

In the meantime I will bow to the wishes of my audience. Um. That is if there's anyone out there still reading what has become, lately, a somewhat spotty excuse for a blog.

Here for your viewing pleasure is Basil's cat, Nick.

Nick has a crazed fondness for fruit. Any kind. He also loves vegan cream cheese, but whatcha' gonna do? The cat's peculiar... for a cat. But I digress. Back to the fruit. A couple of weeks ago I bought a couple of apples and foolishly left them on top of the fridge, in the bag I'd put them in at the grocery store. Within minutes Nick was eying them, and luckily I spotted him before he could put teeth marks all over them through the bag. I pulled the apples out, stashed them safely away and left the bag.

The second the bag was emptied of apples: it was full of Nick.




He settled in, so I grabbed the camera.



He seemed quite content to sit in the bag, which is far better than destroying my apples.



Okay. That may still be considered boring.

Perhaps later I'll disclose the fun I had earlier today as I experienced my first-ever professional bikini wax. Actually my first professional waxing of any kind (I'm pretty much a DIY kind of gal, because it fulfills my former desire to become a cosmetologist/hairdresser). Needless to say as it was my first I went the easy route: BRAZILIAN. Because that's just how I am. Of course, there is a story. Be nice and I'll share it.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the cat. (No smart remarks on the cat. You know what I'm talking about!)

Oh, by the way: my cold is much, much improved. I'm happy.

8 comments:

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

You have an award waiting for you at my place.

Junk Thief said...

Glad you're healthy again and -- as usual -- NOT boring (in my book at least). My cat Bunter likes (non-vegan) ice cream and wool in any form. He likes wool better than his other favorite treat, grass.

Jay said...

Yup, he really is just sitting in the bag.I think the cat may have some sort of fetish.

Joy said...

Whim - YOU are too kind!!

JT - non-vegan ice cream I understand, cat's love the dairy. Wool however brings Bonkers into Nick territory. The "huh? WhAT?" territory of cat thoughts.

Jay - Trust me, this beastie has many a fetish. *sigh* I guess he lives here for a reason.

Biddie said...

Cute kitty. I never knew that there was such a thing as vegan cream cheese.
Huh.

Joy said...

Biddie - there are several different brands of vegan cream cheese, my fave is "better than cream cheese". No cholesterol - all the yumminess!

Salty Miss Jill said...

Boring is just about the last word I would use to describe you. You're fabulous, and don't think any different! :)

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

Woman, do you know how hard it is for me not to make a joke combining your cat and your Brazilian wax right now.