Sunday, January 27, 2008

the more things change...

Since I got this scanner I have been having a ball uploading old photos. One that I found just cracked me up. This was my first stint (of far too many) in a wedding party. I was, obviously, the flower girl. This was actually the BEST bridesmaid dress of any that I had. Rich red velvet with a pink satin bow and pink satin ballet flats. Loved it. What I didn't love was the wedding. Even this young, I think I'm 6/7 years old here, I knew marriage was just a bad idea all around. I think my expression says it all.
What really amuses me is that expression is still with me.
Still. I got to wear an awesome red velvet gown. I need to get another one of those. Though I'll pass on the headband of flowers - that look was barely working on a 6 year old.

9 comments:

BetteJo said...

Ooooh, lady in red!

Joy Keaton said...

Bettejo - more like cranky kid in red! ;)

Gary said...

Joy, I love the expression. I think I have seen that one quite a few times. BTW - Loving the peak at the straps there!

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

That is such a lovely pic. And the look on your face is priceless.

Jay said...

That is just precious. Both of them. I'm glad you kept the attitude. It suits you. :)

Ladron de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Nice dress. Put on again, but only to give away the bride not be one. Well, that's my perspective on the whole thing, at least.

Salty Miss Jill said...

I think you look serene and lovely despite the dress. :)

kimy said...

great expression - both skeptical and wise!

I hear you! I too am having way too much fun with a scanner and box of old photos!!

Joy Keaton said...

Well now that I know my childhood snarky look gets such a great response - look forward to more.

And yes. There will be nudies!