Friday, March 07, 2008

A bit o' work, a bit o' play and a semi-cold

Well. Where the hell have I been, huh? Busy, busy, busy as one might have said in a Rankin-Bass animation.

I've been busy helping a very dear friend with a creative project of sorts - a project which has had me fairly enervated with fear (of screwing it up) but that I have much faith in. Yesterday evening that particular project was completed and I feel a sense of release that is palpable. whew. Not that I didn't enjoy it - don't get me wrong. It's more a matter of fear that I will somehow fail my friend. But I know I did the best I could, hopefully that will be enough.

After finishing this project I was in a state of "God, do I need to unwind and celebrate having done this." As soon as I left it at the post office I popped into the wine store (which is the only one in my 'hood that carries the particular Vegan wine I love) and who should I run into but my Miracle-Worker Physical Therapist who I simply ADORE! She fixed my crazy pinched nerve and I'm ever grateful to her! She was free - I was free, we split the wine we were buying and had a lovely catch-up at her apartment. I have to say, I'm seriously envious of her crisp, clean and warm decorating style. I'm feeling the need to re-do my apartment, hers was soooooo beautifully done! But let's face it, I'm more the wacky colors and such than the cool and refined type, so I guess I'll leave mine as it is. For now.

This was also a good week for theater! Wheee! I got to see my current obsession, Eddie Izzard! oh dear lord, I laughed so hard I was crying. I love when that happens. It's the best! It was a great show and I'm completely thrilled that he was playing here during my obsessing! Talk about lucky timing! He was not in his usual TV gear, but despite the lack of lippy and liner, I still adore him. He's just a funny, funny man - with a political/social sensibility that I truly appreciate. Of course, the bit he did about giraffes coughing... well, that was really the highlight for me (2 tissues of crying laughter).

In the midst of all this I've been dealing with some sort of low level cold/flu-y thing. It's been SO annoying! It never developed into a big ol' SICK, just weeks of feeling super blah, a vaguely runny/stuffy nose and a serious lack of 'oompf'. I think I'd much rather be hit with a bad cold, stay in bed with the Vicks vaporub, some soup and a pile of Buffy the Vampire dvds and be done with it. This was just endless ... A-L-M-O-S-T sick. Grrrrr.

But I'm feeling better now. Project completed, a little socializin', a little non-dressed tranny and possibly best of all: tonight The Niagaras. Oh yes. If you're in NYC come on down to the Rodeo Bar and say 'hi!'.

2 comments:

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

Congrats on finishing your project!

I'm glad you got to catch up with a friend and have a good laugh too.

Also glad that you are feeling better.

bellasboldbrilliantblog said...

Sounds like you've been balancing quite a bit lately. Most of it sounds like a lot of fun (all except the cold, that is). I'm glad you've been doing so well.