Monday, October 13, 2008

We The People...

Under the flashier election headlines and the stock market craziness more sinister doings are going on in the USA. Very, very terrifying stuff. So terrifying in fact that we who have taken our freedoms for granted all our lives cannot wrap our minds around it. To ignore this will be our ruin.

It runs 27 minutes, but trust me - you have the time. Watch it.


The Rep. Brad Sherman clip mentioned in the clip above is here.



The buried videotape of arrests during the RNC can be seen at EndofAmericamovie.com under "Step 9" here.

We all know that eight years ago the election was stolen. If that can happen, what else can happen?

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

6 comments:

Bella said...

I watched the entire video, and then went on to Naomi Wolf's own website.

Let me be clear: I hate George W. Bush and all that he stands for. I think our country is in much worse shape now than it was 8 years ago. I am hoping that America wakes up and votes for Obama.

But I also think that Naomi Wolf is doing quite a bit of fear mongering herself. Her rhetorical techniques are almost textbook. She's talking about Bush controlling the First Brigade, asking a military source many "what if" questions and acting as if they already happened.

I think it's good for us to be aware of the sinister side of the Bush/Cheney/Rove collective, but Wolf is taking it to another extreme.

Joy Keaton said...

Bella - I don't disagree with you that she may be a bit over the top. But on the other hand it seems that the level of complacency in this country is such that without a good shake people don't pay attention. And we are a complacent country. We assume (and are encouraged to believe) all 'dangers' come from without not from within. The idea that "it could never happen here" is a dangerous one. I'm not saying live in fear, but if this sort of pushing makes people pay attention to what goes on in Washington, gets someone to write even one letter to a representative (how many Americans have ever done that I wonder) and PLEASE gets them to understand that their vote does (still) count then I think it's not such a bad thing.

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I generally respect Naomi Wolf, and I think she makes the case that all of these things WILL happen but that they could if there is not some restraint and moving back from the power given to the current administration.

marxsny said...

My first reaction to this was that it was a little extreme and over the top, perhaps because of her nervous urgency. I do however belive there is a certain level of truth in what she says and there is a danger in ignoring her ideas and theories and simply discounting them as the viewpoint of another extremist.

Salty Miss Jill said...

I'll watch this right after I post my comment that I hope we can meet next time I'm in your fair city!

whimsical brainpan said...

Scary!

They stole the last election too. Some underhanded things happened in Ohio.

I'm hoping that there are too many people watching for them to steal this eclection.