Saturday, November 01, 2008

Undaunted

The last week has been an unmitigated whirlwind for me. Busy just like a little, tiny beaver over here. Putting together a grant proposal for a friend - last minute as ever (it's good I work best under a strict deadline!), meeting the WONDERFUL dogs I'll be temp-dog walking later in November - which naturally happened on the coldest, freezing rainiest day of the week, cleaning my apartment - you know... a little, making a nice comforting pot of vegan stew, holding a girl's night of playing hairdresser where I actually cut curly hair for the first time and dyed black hair red and it looks GREAT!, meeting a friend for lunch who I haven't seen in AGES, walking my weekend dog during the week for my friend who is soooo sick (but her new red hair looks awesome, so what's a little flu?), sadly finishing a book I've been reading as slowly as possible to make it laaaaast because I LOVED it so much (The Way We Live Now, Anthony Trollope - read it!), attending a reading of a new play that was awesome, just generally running around like the proverbial chicken without a head.

So um, yeah, busy. And it ain't over!

Today is November 1st which means NANOWRIMO started at midnight! Undaunted by the past couple of years failure to complete the month-long free-for-all novelling process that is NaNoWriMo, and absolutely unprepared to try again, bolstered by the fact that I DID finish it once, I am trying yet again this year. I put 1,847 words down sometime around 3 a.m. which means (for today at least) I'm ahead of the projected daily wordcount of 1,667 (which, if done diligently, will bring you to the 50,000 word minimum required to claim winner status at NaNoWriMo).

So now I am sitting with my own head full of peroxide and some shade of red, who knows what - but yeah, it's my natural color... sure, okay. And trying to figure out the best route to go straight from my dog walking to Groove, where Comic Tales of Tragic Heartbreak are playing and where you should be tonight as well... Seven to nine p.m. people. I assume that somewhere around 9:15 I will be ready for a nap.

1 comment:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Grant proposals. Argh, I'm glad I don't have to do as many as I used to.

Why don't you get Robert's band booked in SF sometime, and I can show you two the town?