Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Eleven!

Yesterday was my birthday and it was possibly my best. I've had birthdays with more going on, the year of brunch at a French cafe followed by bowling at the Port Authority and a shopping trip to the Pink Pussy Cat boutique comes to mind, but this year was the birthday that FELT the best.

My birthday has always been a source of discomfort for me even when I was younger. This is probably because it falls right after Christmas and that meant the Christmas 'truce' between my parents was well over by January 12. Oh and because every year I get OLDER! ;) But mostly I'm always feeling blue on my birthday, sometimes robin's egg blue, sometimes full-out navy but there is always a tinge of the blue.

Not this year!

I have no real explanation for this change in hue from blue to rosy red except perhaps that this is an 11 year. Numerologically* speaking. Not only is 2009 an '11' year but this year I turned 47 which adds up to 11 (4+7=11). so I am in personally in an '11' year at the same time the world is in an '11' year and new-agey as that sounds I think there is something to it. At least in as much as it has affected me strongly enough that I actually looked forward to and ENJOYED my birthday and found nothing, not a smidgen to be disappointed about. An unprecedented event my dears, truly.

Last year I wrote myself a pep-talk letter on Futureme.org and set it to be sent on my birthday. I had completely forgotten I'd done this and it was fun and heartening to receive a letter from myself. I stressed to my 'future me' that no matter what was going on this year on the dreaded birthday that I should remember how blessed I am to be alive and how much I need to take care of, and care FOR, myself. Though I'd forgotten about that letter and what I'd written to myself, it must have been lodged in my subconscious because I was all about the happy attitude and the take care of ME vibe. I even made myself cookies the night before my birthday. Normally I wouldn't bother for myself. (Nice, huh?) For someone else I'd stay up all night making a cake, but never for myself. But this year... well, I would have made a cake, but I really wanted cookies. So there!

I've decided - decided now so that's that - that this year I will have two things (at least) in abundance: 1) Sex (let me qualify- GOOD sex) and 2) Money earned doing things I love.

"Oh JOY how very non-spiritual of you!" says the naggy little voice in my head.

Ah, hush up little voice - make way for the boys and the cash! says Me.

A clearly positive attitude is not always my strongest trait, however in this 11-11 year it seems to be coming incredibly easily. For this I am profoundly grateful. And there does seem to be something to the idea of BELIEVING a thing makes it so. This born out by the fact that on my birthday I actually made a nice little chunk o' change on my Etsy site and have new dog walking opportunities coming in left and right.

Now... on to the fun-lovin' menfolk. ;)






*The following is from Universal Life Tools
In numerology the number 11 is a Master Number – ‘Master’ meaning it is of intense/high vibrational frequency and works within the etherical, magical and transcendental realms of creation. Master numbers possess great potential for learning and growth, and can bring major transformations in life.

The number 11 is the most intuitive number and is a clear channel to the subconscious. It is the number of leadership, personal power and spiritual truths. The number 1 by itself represents leadership, initiative and new beginnings… thus two number 1’s together opens a gateway of potential far greater than the sum of its parts.


9 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday.

:-)

I'm gonna check out that futureme site.

BetteJo said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Glad it was a good one for you - and if sex and cash are what you want then go for it! Wait, the 2 can be combined you know - oh, forget I said that. :) KIDDING!

Joy Keaton said...

Whim - thanks! (I think you'll like futureme!)

BetteJo - I KNEW someone would make a joke connecting those two 'goals'! You're rascally, Missy! :)

Gary said...

And the piano bar, don't forget the piano bar...

Well, for whatever reason I am thrilled that you had a fantastic birthday and believe the coming year will be filled with happiness. xoxo

Fraulein N said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, my fellow Capricorn. I'm glad it was a good one.

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday, and I wish I could have been there to add to the cheer. You helped make mine last year so great. Those are great wishes for the coming year, and I am sure they will happen!

Joy Keaton said...

Gary - how could I forget? lol

Fraulein N - thank you! Always good to hear from a fellow Cappy!

JT - Maybe next year Gregg! How do Green Tea cupcakes sound? ;)

Bella said...

I'm so glad you had such a great birthday.

11s, huh? Very interesting. Bring on the boys and the bucks, sister!!

I love the idea of the futureme.org. I'm definitely going on there to write myself a letter about my weight loss. Thanks for sharing this great site.

Salty Miss Jill said...

HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!
(Albeit a bit belated)
This will be the Year of Joy, I just know it. :)