Thursday, January 15, 2009

KHAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

Ricardo Montalbán is gone. I am sad.

So hot, so charming. Rich Corinthian leather AND Star Trek? C'mon - the guy had range.

I used to have a ridiculously large action figure collection, a good 98% is gone now, sold on eBay or given away. I kept a few of them, the ones I couldn't part with. One of them is my Khan, space-age super human played by the sizzling Richardo Montalbán in Space Seed. And reprised in the Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. A hint of irony, a twinkle in his eye and a set of pecs that could make a grown woman weep.

RIP

4 comments:

Gary said...

I read a really wonderful tribute to him in the paper today. I didn't know much about him but you know, to me he is Mr. Rourke. I did look forward to my Saturday evening TV shows (and never did see the Star Trek movies).

Joy Keaton said...

Gary - See what I mean? The man had range!

Anonymous said...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Indeed he will be missed. We posted this video from a couple of years ago in his honor.