Friday, August 07, 2009

and Qi-Gong to you too!

My stress levels are high... all the time. I'm a stress machine. If someone figured out a way to power generators with stress I could solve the climate crises single-handedly. Alas, ain't happenin'. So instead of being productive my stress is killing me. I have shoulder knots that I've carried since childhood and they keep getting worse. I grind my teeth at night to such a degree that I have literally broken my front teeth. Thank GOD I have a great dentist who was able to repair them so you'd never know, but geez.... I mean I've even worn grooves into my night guard. Hello, clearly my affinity for Pitbulls has to do with the fact that I have a similar bite strength. Which is such an attractive attribute, no?

My dentist has actually given me stern 'talkings to' about doing something to relieve my stress levels. Which I DO try to do. I've tried boxing, I run, I do yoga, I take relaxing herbs at night, I spend my days with dogs fer cryin' out loud! My blood pressure is awesomely low (in a good way) but the tension in my neck, shoulders, back and god knows, my jaw is literally out of control.

I finally decided to try Qi-Gong Tui-Na massage since the western massages don't seem to do the trick. Sure they feel nice, but they never actually de-stress me. So today, after my last dog walk, I'm going to give it a shot.

Of course there's the stress of trying a new massage place. Seriously, I can find something to stress about even in the process of de-stressing! But damn... if I don't find something to chill me the hell out I think I'm going to tie myself into one great big knot until my head literally pops off.

And if the Qi-Gong Tui-Na works - even a little bit - I'll be singing its praises and hosanna-ing to the mountain tops. Which will probably cause me to stress out...

3 comments:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Okay, I'll be the first one brave/stupid enough to ask: Qi-gong has this been going on?

Joy Keaton said...

You so funny JT!

Salty Miss Jill said...

I'm glad this worked out splendidly for you!
Also glad to know I'm not the only one who has broken teeth and chewed through night guards due to the grinding. Sisters in bruxism, we are!