Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's been two years

Two years since I've been on a vacation. Which, naturally means, two years since I've seen Mexico. Two years of pulling up my old photos and videos, playing Mariachi music and pretending to practice my Spanish, while eating guacamole (like that will improve my accent).

Well, the wait is over. After much stress, saving, and deliberation which nearly drove me over the edge (I get very tense about making the perfect travel plans) I finally just went ahead and took the plunge. I made reservations and I'm going the second week in September.

Sadly I could not afford to go to see the lovely folks at Lafitte (formerly Capitan now Petit) where I spent my first three ridiculously amazing trips to Mexico. So I'm going to someplace new and untried.

I've already started packing... probably a little premature, but I'm kind of excited.

There is only one small problem now...

The bathing suit.

Oh yeah, everyone wants to see this pulchritude in a bikini, but that's not happening. No. Not until you earn it. That's that.

Truth is I have two swimsuits and they are barely used and I like them (shock!) the trouble with them is, get this (this is trouble?) I've lost weight. Not the ton I'd like to lose, that I struggle constantly to lose, but I've lost a good 10 lbs since I last had the opportunity to wear 'The Suit' and 10 is enough to make things, well.. let's just say less than 'safe' in the water. I SAID you'd have to earn it - there will be no oopsies with the girls in the pool. I mean, okay, should Alan Rickman somehow be in that pool with me, then an oopsie could happen. I mean it wouldn't be a premeditated, rouged nipple flash or anything like that (REALLY)... it just might happen. You know, with a vigorous backstroke or something... Oh shush, it could happen.

Vacation to Mexico isn't the only thing that's been on hold people. Cut me some slack, okay?


3 comments:

Gary said...

Wardrobe malfunction in the pool!

I love when women call their breasts 'the girls'. The women in the Iron Workout class last night were doing that. I never hear men talking about their stuff as 'the boys' but then again we do have a bunch of names for that business, don't we!?

I am thrilled that you are scoping out a new nest in Mexico. It is just plain good common sense to get away every so often.

And give Alan my best.

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oddly enough, it's been two years since I had a "real" vacation when I went to Barcelona. I had planned to go to Bilbao in 2008 or 2009, but things got in the way. Oaxaca has been calling me back several times, but I really want to get back to the Iberian Peninsula. As far as bathing suits...well, I don't even want to think of myself in one at this stage in life.

Salty Miss Jill said...

I am certain you will be the most bewitching lady on the beach. :)