Friday, August 07, 2009

My new boyfriend

Our love is illegal in at least 14 states, but the heart wants what the heart wants as a famous nut job once said.

He lives on my block. He is MUCH younger than me. He has naturally curly hair, and is a natural redhead (how can curl-envying, bottle-readhead resist?)

He's pretty gorgeous, huh?

I have to admit despite my adoration of the canines, I've just never been a big fan of the poodles. I've known some really sweet poodle mixes, but not so much with the pure-poodles. No particular reason, they just never grabbed me. Until I met... well, let's call him "Henry" to protect his anonymity as he's such a hunk-a-hunk-a burnin' love that if I gave out his real name the women would be beating down his door. And he would love it. Only 8 months old and this boy is already working the ladies. As I have freely admitted in the past, I'm a sucker for the charming men. Even the four-legged kind. Especially the four-legged kind.

When a boy like this stares into your eyes and rests his head in your hands... well, I defy anyone to resist.

By the way, Basil knows about this and is cool with it so let's not have any 'you hussy' emails, okay. Thanks.

2 comments:

Bella said...

That pooch is adorable! I'm so glad you're having so much fun.

Salty Miss Jill said...

And he has a lovely smile. Who can blame you?