Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back to NYC...

*sigh*

I got back from Mexico on Friday evening. My morning was all blue skies and warm weather, my evening was bleak, raining, cold and just plain grey.

Welcome back.

Luckily I took tons of pictures (and video) and looking at them makes me forget (sorta) just how dismal the weather is here. It also makes me want to book a flight back for tomorrow... but that's just not possible. Besides, I missed my dog.

My dog, however, did not seem to miss me. Okay, maybe a little. But he seemed to really have a good time entertaining his 'guests' and I don't blame him - Miss Trixie and her Mom are just plain fun. Plus Basil always likes having his lil' Cousin Trixie around.

I was full of perkiness last night but not the kind that makes any sort of writing possible. Unfortunately now I'm feeling the effects of too little sleep yesterday and the drastic weather change is making me sleepy too. So I'm not going to say much about my lovely trip right now. Instead I give you this little taste of a typical day.



And believe me: there's a story to go with these guys. Isn't there always?

4 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

What wonderful creatures!
Well, I for one, missed you. ;)
Glad you had a great trip and I'm lookign forward to hearing more and seeing the photos...

xoxoxoxSMJ

Bella said...

Glad you had such a good time on the trip. Those little guys are so cute!

Sorry the weather sucks there, but I'm sure it's nice to be home again and sleeping in your own bed.

Gary said...

SO CUTE!

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I've long been fascinated by coatimundis and always wanted one as a pet. That photo of the one eying you is sweet, but claws on bare legs spook me a bit.