Thursday, September 24, 2009

Okay, you can stop holding your breath now

I know you were turning blue waiting for these photos. And even though I don't have a cohesive narrative to go with them, cohesiveness having flown out the door along with any and all my free time, I'm posting them so you can see how beeee-uuuuu-teee-fullll it was.

Mexico I mean.

But first, a little test. From the airplane window I saw this cloud formation. I saw something very clearly. Take a look. See anything?

Click on it, make it bigger. Look again.

If you see clouds. Okay, I'll give you that. But if you see GODZILLA then you are correct! Yes people, Godzilla my favorite, your favorite, Tokyo's favorite radiation imbued dinosaur-cum- guy in a rubber suit with a zipper down the back. Now for me that bode well. I really love me some Gojira.

Then the coastline coming into the Cancun airport. Oooooh preeeeety.

And here is the lobby of the Catalonia Playa Maroma, or as I like to call it: the preliminary artwork for my new living room. I'm not sure how my landlord is going to react to me digging through the floor for the fountain pools, but I think it's going to look nifty.
the main entrance & lobby



fountains and my new couch

Now on to my little room.....


the view from the front door


through the windows of the back porch

and the view from the porch


Gilligan, get the Professor I want to make a coconut phone!

Now for the interior:
the scary/cool thing about this room is that the color scheme is EXACTLY what I have at home now. I mean exactly. Of course this is a king-sized bed and I only have a full... but if I could knock out a wall in my bedroom I'd have a king. I really, really would. I'd love it. The landlord, again, probably not so much. But let's take a look at the bathroom, shall we? Four of my current bathrooms could fit in here. Yes, I measured.

I always love a little towel origami with my mini-shampoos.

But my favorite feature? The coffee maker.

I'll continue later, for now take a walk with me from the room to the main pathway. the first image is the back of the room - the porch area, then we walk. Listen to the lovely sounds.


video

3 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

Oh my god, woman. This looks amazing! When are we going back together?

BetteJo said...

I love the colors! Such a breath-taking place, lovely!

Arielle Lee Bair said...

Lovely photos! And that cloud totally looks like Godzilla, hands down.