Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coincidence

I haven't written a thing on this blog in so long I almost forgot it existed. But today a friend (thank you James!) tipped me off that my 'husband' had been on Letterman last night so I decided to check it out. I'm posting the clip here because I find it hilariously freaky, as well as reassuring, that someone else also had a bunny with 'tude. Serious 'tude. The fact that it's Michael Keaton is even more hilarious to me since I got my name from him.

Backing up. About a million years ago when I was still acting and using my ridiculously long and vowel filled legal last name I had a dream about Michael Keaton. I was not a fan, hadn't followed his career or really thought about him much at all at the time. In fact I will suck it up and admit that I was one of the many naysayers who moaned when he was cast to play Batman for the first time. (I changed my tune in the first 5 minutes of the movie, because I can admit when I'm wrong. Very wrong.) So when I had this outrageous dream out of the blue that I was MARRIED to Michael Keaton (me, who has NO desire to marry ANYONE - EVER) I was perplexed and couldn't stop trying to analyze what the hell it could mean.

I mentioned this crazy dream to Gary who said quite succinctly: "Maybe that should be your stage name. Joy Keaton." And there it was. I really love the way it sounds and how easy it is for people to spell = and how short it is (my legal name only has something like 725 letters... *sigh*)

When I watched this clip and heard that 'my husband' had a bunny like my Henry Miller... well, it got me blogging again. At least for the moment.


2 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

Wheeee!!!
I love when you post!
I miss you, by the way. ;)

xoxoxoSMJ

Gary said...

Hey, nice to see you posting. I remember Henry well Cassandra.